I have had my tools for a year and for this and that reason I was unable to Lampwork. I have taken a proper class and finally here are my beads. I'm excited!
* These are my 1st beads! Please bear with me! I'm learning. And the learning curve is so big. The colours arent fancy sassy, but I'm so proud because they are my first beads! So I took a class and I dont think they are so bad!?!
* Round beads gadzooks.
* I don't have alot of beautiful glass yet as I bought light clear colours to practice with..whites and black too.
* I will need some pretty colours soon.
*And any journey takes time. I know many Lampworkers can totally relate to their 1st days, the early days. When you want to do it all already. When the desire runs ahead of the skill. But I'm just really thrilled to finally start my journey.
* The kiln Saturday night I thought didn't ramp down. But actually I didn't change the setting when I was finished. So much to learn! And Ive asked myself is it worth it? You could just buy it. But no Ive got the want to to travel as so many others have and to learn and practice.
* My hands shake but thats ok. I know they won't always.
* Tomorrow I'll pull stringers; the long thin rods that will make my small dots.
* So I just wanted to show y'all of my little glass fellas. One looks like the beginnings of a hedgehog? It is fat with dots but I'm practicing! There is so much joy in a new adventure...Im so thrilled.
* Is it worth it to me? If something makes your heart sing and you cant forget it I say..really try to do it. If you can't shake the feeling..find a way to do it.
* Thank you for stopping by it means alot. And for listening and sharing my joy.
* And PS Thank you Springtime you've finally arrived! So I bought 2 Bradford Pear trees today in celebration. Ill dig into the hard Texas soil tomorrow and my heart will smile and smile!